#onemorehokanson

#onemorehokanson

It was during our first adoption from Ethiopia that God grew a passion for orphans and orphan care. We are currently in the process of bringing home a 5 year old girl with special needs from China. We can't do it alone. Please consider becoming piece of the puzzle.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blessings

The past several days have been a challenge for me to not let the crazy girl run free in my mind. There was an article posted about Ethiopia adoptions slowing down and being reduced by 90%. No one knows for certain if this is actually what is going to happen, or even what this may look like. As I have talked about before, crazy girl does not need much to go on so she has been having a field day with this information. She has not been in control the whole time and I have been attempting to practice self-control. We don't know what any of this means yet and how it will affect adoption in Ethiopia.


Then today as I was driving to work I was listening to the radio and a song came on the radio. I immediately resonated with the words of this song. I immediately went to the radio website (not while driving) and found the name of the song and the artist. The song is "Blessings" by Laura Story. I posted the video of her talking about the story behind the song. I also posted a link to the song. 


This song encouraged me and helped to remind me that God does not always work in the ways I think He should. That His "blessings" may look different than the world expects them to look. 


It really encouraged me and I hope that you it does the same for you.


Please join me in praying for Ethiopia and the adoption process. As well as praying for all the families who are in the process of adopting from there.
The story behind Laura Story - "Blessings"

To hear Laura's Story's song "Blessings" 
click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment