#onemorehokanson

#onemorehokanson

It was during our first adoption from Ethiopia that God grew a passion for orphans and orphan care. We are currently in the process of bringing home a 5 year old girl with special needs from China. We can't do it alone. Please consider becoming piece of the puzzle.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One of Those Moments

Today I had one of those moments; it was one of those moments that could be beginning of a bad day. It was news that an adoption option that had fallen through. When I got the email it stole the wind out of my sails.
One of my favorite songs has a line that says, “Nobody plans for the bad days.” Funny thing is that sometimes I think I do. What I mean is, that when I have moments that steals the wind out of my sails, I sometimes start a list. It goes something like: 1) Adoption option falls through. Then something else goes not as well as I hoped and I add it to the list. 1) Adoption option falls through. And 2) I am stuck in road construction. And 3) I left my coffee on the counter… You get the picture.
The Lord reminded me of a couple of truths that I was in danger of trading for a lie because of the bad news I had received. Isn’t it funny how quick we want to trade in truth for a lie? Anyway, I was reminded that I am not alone that He is right there with me. I was reminded that He is in control and his timing is perfect. I am always trying to get God to be on my timetable. I have even tried to give God a new watch. Finally, I was reminded that I have a choice. I can choose to believe the truth and not let this be the beginning of a bad day or I could opt to believe the lie and begin to make my list and “plan” for a bad day. But at the same time that does not mean I was not allowed to feel sad or even discouraged about my news.
Sometimes I think of it like this; I can let the news become the biggest picture over my fireplace. This is the kind of picture that you can see from every room and cannot help but notice when you walk in the house. It overpowers every other picture on the wall. Or I can frame the picture to be one of the many on the wall. It is there but it does not overpower the other pictures on the wall. You see it but it is not the only picture you see or even the first picture you see.
Am I the girl with the bad news or am I the girl who got some bad news. The choice is mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there... "mamma said there'd be days like this" :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete