#onemorehokanson

#onemorehokanson

It was during our first adoption from Ethiopia that God grew a passion for orphans and orphan care. We are currently in the process of bringing home a 5 year old girl with special needs from China. We can't do it alone. Please consider becoming piece of the puzzle.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Looking Forward To Leaving On A Jet Plane


I am not going to lie waiting to get our court date is not a wait I have done well. I wonder if it is because I know that it is suppose to be coming. Here I thought I had been actually applying some of my waiting skills. I guess not.

At first, I was excited when I saw the other people I had been submitted to court with getting a court date. I love seeing good news with other families from the online forum I am a part of. I have been praying for all of us. I hoped I would hear the same news. I kept checking my email. I did not know you could check your email that much. NOTHING. My sprits began to fall. Then as any somewhat mature Christian would do, I began to whine and complain and feel sorry for myself. It was one of the better pity parties I ever have thrown. I even solicited a handful of people to whine to. I am so thankful that even in the worst pity party God provided me people who encouraged me and reminded me of the truth. Oh how I wish I had a rewind button.

I saw an email from my social worker. The subject line says, “Call Me”. I am excited but afraid because I don’t want to get my hopes up. So I call her cell phone. She has to call me back. She does, and says you have a court date, June 24! I was so excited I could have jumped up and down. I literally wanted to take the elevator to each and every floor stop and shout, “We have our Ethiopian Court Date. It’s June 24” Luckily, I was able to refrain. Facebook filled that need.

Please join me in prayer for us and the 3 other families who have June 24 court dates. Pray for all the travel details, and the best airfares ever. We all need a letter from MOWA to be able to pass court, please pray that those are written. There is 1 other family whose was submitted a few days after us who are still waiting for a court date. Please pray them as well. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful blessing of a court date. Amen and Amen.


2 comments:

  1. I am so EXCITED for you!!!! This is wonderful news and I think that you will have a travel buddy or two according to the forum. You must have the biggest smile on your face:) I am so thankful that this day will finally come for you!!!

    ReplyDelete