#onemorehokanson

#onemorehokanson

It was during our first adoption from Ethiopia that God grew a passion for orphans and orphan care. We are currently in the process of bringing home a 5 year old girl with special needs from China. We can't do it alone. Please consider becoming piece of the puzzle.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Music For Your Heart

I forget how much music ministers to my heart. I also forget how much I really love music. I especially love to find the lyrics of songs that I like. Many times I am surprised to find out what the lyrics really are. Building 429 has a new song called Listen to the Sound. When I actually found the lyrics it made me like the song even more. I love the where it says: “You’ll never know what faith is until you don’t understand.” That just so reminds how if I could accomplish this adoption on my own, I would not need God and I certainly would not have grown in the ways that He has grown me. I also love where it says “sometimes it takes silence to finally hear his plan” I so resonate with that because at times my prayer life can be filled with me just talking and not taking the time to listen to what God may be trying to say to me.





In an article that got emailed to me was a link to Ginny Owens song If you want me to. I guess it is an older song but I had not heard and really loved the lyrics to this song as well. I so resonate with the words of this song. When she says, “It may not be the path I would have chosen” I smile. I have always joked that I sign-up for many different things than what has happened in my life thus the title; This is Not The Life I Signed-Up For. But the more I grow in my relationship with the Lord the more convinced I become that the life He has blessed me with is; is far richer because of all the things that I did not sign-up for. 




No comments:

Post a Comment